In my experience, these fabulous anti-wrinkle injections tend to last between 3-7 months. Your body will naturally metabolise away the Botox over time, just like any medication we are given.
I realize that 3-7 months is quite a vague time frame, but there are a few individual factors which will impact on its longevity, such as:
- Your facial muscle mass – Some of us naturally have more muscle mass than others so this will impact the speed which the Botox is metabolised. Equally, if you are very expressive with your face, you’ll use your muscles more frequently which will also metabolise the Botox faster too.
- How much Botox you have injected – In my opinion it is vital to not inject too much or the result will look unnatural (there will be no plastic-fantastic faces on my watch!) however you need enough for it to work sufficiently too – Using a trained experienced practitioner is crucial (*Waves*).
- The amount of high impact exercise you do – again, another way metabolism is encouraged.
- Your age – I find that my clients who are under 40 tend to get a month or two longer than those who are 50+, but even this can vary…
- The amount of heat you’re exposed to, whether it be during exercise, in the spa or the environment you work in – Botox is a protein derivative and is sensitive to heat. It is thought that heat breaks down protein.
The bottom line is Botox is not permanent and the time it will last you can only be estimated by your medical professional.
With all this in mind, it is important to tell you that Botox is one of my most popular procedures and I get beautiful, natural looking results for my clients. The difference it makes to how my clients look and feel is incredible.
If you would like to discuss this further, why not book a consultation with me? Together we will assess your face and see if this procedure is suitable for you.
Louise, TSN x
PS. In my experience, I have noticed that when people have Botox for the first time they can often need re-treating after 3-4 months. However, following a few treatments over this first year these same clients often see their results last alot longer over the subsequent years.