Tips to help an ageing lip
We cannot stop ageing, its natural, completely normal and its happening to all of us.
But we can help the process, slow it down and make the best of what we’ve got.
- Sun exposure
- Inflammation/Oxidative stress
- Dehydration and Dryness
- Lack of vitamins and minerals
What you can do easily at home:
Here are a few things you can do at home to keep your lips looking healthy and gorgeous.
- Keep yourself well hydrated, are you managing two litres of plain water a day? It’s not easy, but we keep trying..
- Keep your skin topically hydrated and moisturised too – simply include your lips when you moisturise and use balms if you need them.
- Eat a colourful fresh varied diet, to keep your immunity strong and inflammation levels low.
- Protect your lips from the sun, cover with your face spf and/or use a specific lip product.
- Love your lips – use your favourite lippy – afterall life is better in colour!
What other options are available to treat the lips?
As I mentioned in my last blog, collagen levels decline with age which is the main reason our lips change over time.
One of my most popular in-clinic procedures is lip augmentation with dermal fillers – This is when a gel product (consisting mostly of hyaluronic acid) is injected into/around the lips – which is not only super hydrating but will replenish that lost volume and structure.
If you’re considering any lip tweaks with me, do book in for a free pre-procedure consultation and we can discuss your options, but dont forget its not about getting big lips, no one wants that these days, it all about enhancing what you’ve already got.